The consumer has the right to . . .
Hire anyone 18-years-old or older that they want to work for them as a PCA worker,
excluding parents of minors, spouses, and the responsible party, provided that
individual meets these requirements:
- The individual must pass a background check that the PCA Choice organization submits to the DHS licensing division.
- The individual must be able to perform the duties necessary in providing assistance to the consumer.
- Terminate the PCA worker.
- Assist with determining the rate of pay for the PCA workers.
- Set the PCA worker schedule.