To view or print this information as a pdf document, please click the link below:
Accessing the Training Course or Registering for the PCA Test
To access the PCA training course or to register for the test:
- Go to accessnorth.net
- Click on the PCA Choice / Homemaker / Respite link located in the horizontal menu at the top of the page.
- Click the “PCA Test” link found in the vertical menu on the left side of the page.
- You will be taken to the Minnesota Department of Human Services Individual Personal Care Assistant Training site.
You will have a choice to take the “Training Course” or Register and take the “PCA Test”.
Training Course (Optional)
This is not the PCA Test!
- If you would like to take the training course to prepare yourself for the PCA Test click on the link “Take the Course”.
- The entire contents of this area are optional and you can exit at any time and move onto registering to take the PCA Test.
Registering to Take the PCA Test
(You should now be on the Minnesota Department of Human Services Individual Personal Care Assistant Training site).
- Toward the bottom of the page, the box labeled Event *: should read “Personal Care Assistant (PCA) begin registering on 03/09/10”. If not, click on the drop-down arrow in the box and select “Personal Care Assistant (PCA) begin registering on 03/09/10”.
- Click on the button that says “Next - Register”.
- Complete the registration information.
- Fields and questions marked with an asterisk* are required and you must complete them.
- Make sure to enter a valid email address. (Your confirmation number and certificate link are sent to that e-mail address).
Taking the PCA Test
- You may take the test immediately by looking for the text that says “To take the certification test please click here ”.
- You may also take the test at a later time by clicking on the link in your confirmation email.
- You must answer 20 of 25 questions correctly to pass. (You may take the test as many times as needed).
Test Results and Certification
- If you answered at least 20 of the questions correctly, you have passed the test.
- Click on “Certificate of Training” to get your certificate.
- Print a certificate of completion right away. (Turn a copy into the PCA Program Assistant). You will also receive an e-mail with a link to the same certificate. (If you are unable to print you can forward this email to the PCA Program Assistant).